City Code & Zoning Ordinances
The Code of the City of Lino Lakes, Minnesota, is published online as a convenience to residents and the community. It is comprised of the municipal laws adopted by the City Council in the form of ordinances. The online City Code is updated annually; ordinances adopted but not included online can be reviewed by opening the Municipal Code page. Since Lino Lakes is a home rule charter city, the City Charter is also included online.
If you are looking for information regarding building requirements and inspections as they relate to the City Code, please contact the Building Inspections Division at 651-982-2420.
Please note that the Municipal Code is modified each time an ordinance is approved by the City Council. Changes are incorporated into the online code as soon as possible and when they become final under the provisions of the City Charter. Since updates are not immediate to the online version, the written City Code that is maintained at City Hall is the official version. For your information, ordinances awaiting inclusion into the online code are as follows:
- Ordinance 01-22, Possession of Catalytic Converters
- Ordinance No. 02-22, Moratorium on the Sale, Testing, Manufacture and Distribution of THC Products within the City of Lino Lakes
- Ordinance No. 03-22, Regulating Edible Cannabinoids
- Ordinance No. 04-22, Amending Marketplace Planned Development (PDO)
- Ordinance No. 05-22 Liquor Licensing by Adding New Subdivisions Related to Compliance Checks (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 06-22 Regulating the Sale, Possession, and Use of Tobacco Products and Tobacco Related Devices (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 07-22, 2023 Fee Schedule
- Ord No 08-22 Zoning Ordinance and Map (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 10-22 Amending City Code Chapter 1011, Stormwater, Erosion and Sediment Control (PDF)
Zoning Code & Map
All property within the City is classified into different zoning districts as depicted on the Zoning Map. The Zoning Ordinance details uses that are allowed in each district and the required land use standards and regulations. The Zoning Ordinance also addresses regulations for general building standards, parking and driveways, and landscaping as well as procedures for conditional use permits and variances.
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Zoning District Map-January 2023 (PDF)
- 1. Title-Application-Rules (PDF)
- 2. Administration (PDF)
- 3. General Provisions (PDF)
- 4. District Provisions (PDF)
- 5. Rural (PDF)
- 6. Residential (PDF)
- 7. Business (PDF)
- 8. Industrial (PDF)
- 9. Special (PDF)
- 10. Ordinance 08-22 Adoption (PDF)
Ordinances that are proposed and under consideration for approval by the City Council will be posted here.