City Code & Zoning Ordinances
The Code of the City of Lino Lakes, Minnesota, is published online as a convenience to residents and the community. It is comprised of the municipal laws adopted by the City Council in the form of ordinances. The online City Code is updated annually; ordinances adopted but not included online can be reviewed by opening the Municipal Code page. Since Lino Lakes is a home rule charter city, the City Charter is also included online.
If you are looking for information regarding building requirements and inspections as they relate to the City Code, please contact the Building Inspections Division at 651-982-2420.
Please note that the Municipal Code is modified each time an ordinance is approved by the City Council. Changes are incorporated into the online code as soon as possible and when they become final under the provisions of the City Charter. Since updates are not immediate to the online version, the written City Code that is maintained at City Hall is the official version. For your information, ordinances awaiting inclusion into the online code are as follows:
- Ordinance No. 02-23 Amending Section 405 - Bulk Deicing Materials Storage (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 03-23 Amending Chapter 203 of the Lino Lakes City Code by Adjusting the Salaries of the Mayor and Councilmembers (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 04-23 Repealing Ordinance 01-22 Which Created Chapter 512 Entitled Possession of Catalytic Converters (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 05-23 Enacting 310.06 Prohibiting Cannabis Use on Public Property
- Ordinance No. 06-23 Prohibiting Cannabis Use in Public Places
- Ordinance No. 07-23 Ineligibility for Edible Cannabinoid Licenses
- Ordinance No. 08-23 Construction Working Hour Restrictions (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 09-23 Approving Sale of Land to Java Companies LLC (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 10-23, Amending City Code Chapter 904: Weeds and Grass Declared to be a Nuisance (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 13-23, Amending City Code Chapter 1007 Related to General Ordinance Updates (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 14-23 Adopting the 2024 Lino Lakes Fee Schedule and Providing for the Issuance of Licenses, Permits and Collection of Fees (PDF)
Zoning Code & Map
All property within the City is classified into different zoning districts as depicted on the Zoning Map. The Zoning Ordinance details uses that are allowed in each district and the required land use standards and regulations. The Zoning Ordinance also addresses regulations for general building standards, parking and driveways, and landscaping as well as procedures for conditional use permits and variances.
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Zoning District Map-August 2023 (PDF)
- 1. Title-Application-Rules (PDF)
- 2. Administration (PDF)
- 3. General Provisions (PDF)
- 4. District Provisions (PDF)
- 5. Rural (PDF)
- 6. Residential (PDF)
- 7. Business (PDF)
- 8. Industrial (PDF)
- 9. Special (PDF)
- 10. Ordinance 08-22 Adoption (PDF)
Ordinances that are proposed and under consideration for approval by the City Council will be posted here.