Knowing how to swim is a skill that could save your life. At the Rookery Activity Center, we have created a safe and secure aquatic center to bring year-round water safety and swim lessons to the community.
The Rookery follows the internationally recognized Jeff Ellis Swim Lesson program with highly trained and certified swim instructors. The swim lesson program is geared towards teaching children and adults the swimming skills that build self-confidence in and out of the water.
The Rookery swim lesson program has a level for everyone. Small class-size, highly trained instructors, and a warm pool. Classes are offered once weekly year round (also 2 and 3 times weekly in Spring, Summer, Fall)
6, 30 minute, skill based, progressive, child centered swim lessons. See our Swim Lesson Level information to check what level/class is right for your swimmer.
Member $89 | Non-member $104
6, 45 minute, individual goal based swim lessons for adults. Share with your instructor your goals and work together to achieve anything from basic water safety to iron man training.
Member $99 | Non-member $114
Looking for a more individualized instruction and experience? Private lessons provide 1-on-1 teaching experience for children and adults. Private lessons are offered for all ages and ability levels. The certified instructor will work on appropriate swimming skills in accordance with the individual's goals throughout the lesson.
Price Varies - Member discount applies
Winter 2023 Sessions
Registration NOW OPEN
|Saturday||Jan 7 - Feb 11||Feb 18 - Apr 1*|
|Sunday||Jan 8 - Feb 12||Feb 19 - Apr 2*|
|Monday||Jan 9 - Feb 13||Feb 20 - Apr 3*|
|Tuesday||Jan 10 - Feb 14||Feb 21 - Apr 4*|
|Wednesday||Jan 11 - Feb 15||Feb 22 - Apr 5*|
*Skip March 6 through March 12
Winter 2023 Schedule
Knowing how to swim is a skill that could save your life. At the Rookery we have created a safe and secure location to bring water safety and swim lessons to all. Our indoor Aquatic Center features a zero depth warm water teaching pool and 6 lane lap swim pool for stroke development.
Choosing your level
- Lessons are based on your swimmer’s age and water comfort level
- Review our swim level lessons and choose the best fit for your swimmer and schedule
- If you are unsure which level is best, our Aquatics Leads are available anytime during open swim to complete a swim assessment to help you choose the correct level
Swim early, Swim Often
- Our Swim Lesson program is designed for swimmers starting as young as 6 months, in order to teach comfort and exploration in a safe and comfortable manner
- We encourage year round participating if possible. Learning to swim is a layered skill and takes continued repetition and practice
- ALL Beginners are welcome at The Rookery! Infants, Grade School to Adult. If this is your first experience in swimming we are ready help you get started