Water or Sewer Concerns

Sewer Back-ups

If you are experiencing a Sewer blockage, please call the Public Services Department. If it is outside of the City Hall hours previously listed, please call Anoka County Dispatch. 

Once a call has been placed, City crews will be dispatched to inspect and determine if the cause of the blockage is in the service connection or mainline (This inspection to the City main service line is provided at no cost to the resident). Blockages in the City mainline will be cleared by City personnel. Blockages in service connections are the responsibility of the property owner. 

To help reduce sewer backups we urge residents to refrain from disposing of cooking grease, wipes, and large foreign objects in the sewer system.

Frozen Water Pipes

When the temperatures drop, the risk of your pipes freezing and bursting skyrockets. If you are experiencing frozen pipes, it is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain and/or repair the entire water service line from the building structure to the main city line. It is recommended that the thawing of service lines be done by a plumber.

No Water Flow

If you are experiencing no water flow to your home or business, start by checking the outside and inside faucets. This will help determine if there is no water to just the inside of the home/business or the entire property. 

If your property is not getting any water, please check to see if the valves before and after the water meter are on (turn handles counterclockwise). If you’ve done this, and there is still no water, contact Public Services Department. The City may have the water shut-off for maintenance. If it is after business hours, please call Anoka Dispatch to report the issue.

Water Main Break

Water main breaks can be reported by calling Anoka County Dispatch The County will contact the appropriate maintenance personnel. 

If it is a suspected leak or minor problem, a citizen can report it directly to the Public Services Department. If it is after hours, call Anoka County Dispatch at. The City will investigate the problem and determine if there is a leak in either the public or private service line to the building. If there is a leak in the private service line, the City will notify the property owner to correct the problem. If the leak is in the City service line, the City will have it repaired.

Low Water Pressure

Are you experiencing continuous low water pressure to your home or business?

  1. Check the Lino Lakes City website for any alerts regarding water main maintenance going on in your area.
  2. Check to make sure both valves, before and after your water meter, are completely open.
  3. Check an outside faucet. If the pressure is good there, the problem is within the house. It could be the water softener or a stopped water meter. 

If you are unable to determine the cause, call the Public Services Department.

Water Quality

Lino Lakes’ drinking water is pumped from the Jordan aquifer which is approximately 300 feet below the ground surface. The water hardness is 14.8 grains. Fluoride and chlorine are added to the water according to state regulations. Polyphosphate is also added to control the iron content. No other treatment of city water is performed. Water samples are taken daily to ensure that drinking water quality standards are maintained.  Lino Lakes' drinking water is certified safe!  The City of Lino Lakes issues the resulting yearly monitoring done on its drinking water for the period from January 1 to December 31.  Results can be found in the Water Quality Report posted below.  2022 Water Quality Report can be found here.

Petitioning for Service

If you live in an area that does not have water and sewer service, Email Diane Hankee for information on petitioning for service.

Water Meters

Water Meter Gate Valves are the responsibility of the homeowner. If you need the water to your property turned off, please call the Public Services Department to schedule an appointment.

Well Testing

If you have a private well and would like your water tested, please contact the Anoka County Health Department at 763-422-7063.  You can also check the yellow pages or online resources for private labs.

Lawn Sprinkler/Water Use Restrictions

To conserve water, the City of Lino Lakes has adopted a watering ban/lawn sprinkler restrictions. Lawn watering is prohibited from 6 AM – 6 PM year-round. An odd/even rule is in place from May 15 to September 15. This means that if your address ends with an even number, you are able to water on even calendar dates.  If it ends in an odd number, you can water on odd calendar dates. Exemptions for new sod or seed can be obtained by calling the Public Services Department. 

Please note homeowners can be assessed a citation for not adhering to the water use restrictions as stated in the City Code SS401.03 

Exceptions – The water use restrictions do not apply to the following situations:

  • Hand watering of plants using a hose
  • Property owners using a private well for sprinkling

For more information on the watering ban/lawn sprinkler restrictions visit "Review our City Codes". And look up City Code SS401.03.

Review our City Codes

Good Neighbor Guide to Water Friendly Practices

These guidelines are helpful for our local lakes, streams, wetlands, groundwater, and wildlife, but they're also a neighborly gesture to human watershed dwellers, particularly those who live downstream. Find out more on how to expand the notion of a good neighbor and save a copy for reference at the link: Good Neighbor Guide